Saturday, November 10, 2007

Long day

The four of us that were at home went to Cal baptist this morning and played ultimate frisbee. My team got pretty much slaughtered at the end. It was fun all the same. After that, we got some lunch and threw the baseball around a bit, and went to a play that was going on at Cal baptist. To be completely honest, I really didn't care for it. I found several things on the offensive end. I hate to say that when so many people I know have put so much work into this thing. The use of magic to manipulate people is really not appealing to me. Especially since we have been talking about this kind of thing in Bible study. We are not to take part in these things. I realize that it was just a play, but we aren't to have the appearance of evil. I think we need to be especially careful when we entertain ourselves with things that play around inappropriately in the spiritual realm. These thoughts are not healthy. The two things that come to mind off the top of my head are World of Warcraft, and Harry Potter. Both of these are generally accepted amongst Christians, but I would challenge you to consider what kind of things you entertain yourself with. Do these things really not have an effect on our minds? We are to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Are we doing this in our everyday lives? Just some things to think about.

No comments: