Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Purpose

Basketball was a lot of fun this morning. Fifteen guys showed up, so we had three teams instead of just two. The team I was on won 3 games and lost 1. Dad's team won 1 and lost 2, and pastor Tim's team won 1 and lost two. I had calculus class right after basketball. I am really enjoying what we are studying in that class! Dad and I went out to the field for a bit and played some baseball. For some reason, I feel a big lack of power behind my swing. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing differently. I'm not terribly worried though. Pastor Tim took me out to lunch today. We talked for a while about sabbath, and what it means today. I am kind of struggling as I try to formulate my opinion of what God wants me to do when baseball comes. I could go to a different church which has an early service, but that is leaning toward the idea that church is just about going. This is not the only purpose of church. Another alternative would be to go to just Sunday School. This would allow me to still have good interaction with others, and help set up in the morning. The last option would be to not let baseball change anything. I am leaning toward this option. Missing a lot of games will not put me in good standings with the guys, so in that sense, it could be a bad thing. Also, if I end of playing a key position, which I will work my hardest to attain, it will be hard on the team for me to miss games. I just want to do what honors the Lord. If you would pray for the Lord's leading in this area, that would be great! I was reading 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, and I would say it is one of the clearest short descriptions of the gospel, and describes our purpose in life. My prayer is that we would live in the reality of this truth!
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

1 comment:

Kristin Braun said...

Happy Thanksgiving Daniel!