Friday, November 02, 2007

Letting go of results

I'd have to say the one verse that dad has continually pounded into my head is Proverbs 16:1 which says that the plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer comes from the Lord. I am pretty sure that I did quite badly on this exam, but the results are God's. Honestly, I am very glad to be done. I am not stressed at all about it now (my teacher drops a test). I am very thankful for dad's continual reminders that the results are God's. God is good!

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 was a good reminder to me that I need to be very careful when making any kind of judgment.
For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord. Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts; and then each man's praise will come to him from God.

God sees the heart, I do not. It also reminds me that I need to focus my full attention on doing things to please God. I think it is safe to say that we all like being complimented. Compliments are a good way of encouraging others in Christ; however, we can become people-pleasers if we are not careful with our response to these compliments. We must use these responses as an opportunity to point people to God. He is the one that gives us life and breath.

No comments: