Sunday, November 25, 2007

Giving

I actually woke up at 9 am this morning. Usually I am at church by about 9 to help set up. Needless to say, it was a rushed morning. I got to church at about 9:13, still wiping the sleep out of my eyes and all. I really enjoy playing guitar at church. I am so thankful that God opened that opportunity to me! This is totally not related to why I picked the subject of this blog entry, but it was quite humorous. The ushers forgot to come forward for the offertory, so we played through the song, and then we were going to sing it after the offertory. Adam (our worship leader) says, "now we will have our second offering, because the plates were passed so fast that all of you missed them." It was hilarious! We went to a baptism service after church. It was at the church that I was baptized at 10 years ago. It brought back good memories. We actually sang the same song today that was done when we were baptized ("He is Lord"). I have been studying physics all afternoon. I have an exam on Tuesday which I must do well on. This evening, I read 2 Corinthians 9. God has given me a totally different outlook on working over the course of the last year. I actually miss working more because I am not able to support the church financially. One thing about being in a small church like ours, you really feel like your money is making a difference. You see the tightness of the budget, and that small amount of money really does help the body of Christ! God blesses us for our giving. Take a look at 2 Corinthians 9:6-8.
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

1 comment:

Stephanie Marie said...

Up at 9, and at church at 9:13?! That boggles my mind. :)