Saturday, November 17, 2007

God knows exactly what I need to hear

Jonathan had two playoff soccer games today. The first game, they played the best team in his division, and they lost pretty badly. Jonathan played a pretty good game though. The second game, they played a team that beat them twice before, but not by a lot. They ended up losing 3-2, so they are out of the playoffs with a 3rd place. Jonathan's coach called him the most improved player on the team. Honestly, he really stepped it up this year. He showed so much more desire to play well. It was really neat to watch him this year!

With the memorial service being tomorrow, I don't think I could have read a more appropriate passage today. I love when God shows me exactly what I need to hear. He is awesome! This is 2 Corinthians 1:3-7.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.

God has brought such an overwhelming peace to me in these last few days. Thursday was a big break through for my heart. God needed to rip some things out of my hands. It isn't pleasant when He does that, but I am so thankful that He does. It is amazing how often I grasp onto things that I have absolutely no control over. Many times, I don't even realize that I am holding onto it until He tugs on it, and it hurts. God is so merciful, so full of comfort, so patient, so loving. I am excited to see what He is doing in my life, and the lives of others. He is anything but boring!

No comments: