Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another act of God's grace

School went fairly well today. I actually got out of my music appreciation class early. It took forever to get home because of an accident, but I guess it is another opportunity to grow in patience. God spared me once again today. There was heavy traffic in the right lane as cars were merging onto the freeway, but the rest of the lanes were moving well. I was going somewhere between 65 and 70 mph in the lane 2nd from the right, and the cars were going about 35 mph in the right lane because of the merging. As I was passing a semi truck, the car in front of it decided to change lanes. The problem was that I was going almost 70 mph, and he was going about 35 mph. The other problem is that he did this about 2 feet from the front of my car without looking or signaling. I am still not sure how I managed to miss him. I knew the lane next to me was open, so I yanked the wheel over and ended up skidding sideways and making all kinds of lovely noises and tire marks... then straighted it out. It was really a display of God's grace on my life. I couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches, and that would have been a messy one. God is good! I was reminded as I read Jeremiah 27 that there are always false teachers. We need to be comparing everything to scripture, because false teachers aren't going to tell us that they are teaching false doctrine! They will be from within the church. Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor. 10:5).

No comments: