Saturday, January 05, 2008

Soccer Regionals!

God blessed in holding up the rain until after I finished reffing the soccer game this morning. It was my first game that I've reffed at the regional level. Usually, the games are a bit more physical (meaning much more calls and stuff), but the game that I reffed was very clean. I'm sure I made a couple calls that were un-liked, but definitely nothing that would change the outcome of the game, which I was very glad for. Jonathan had his first game right after I finished reffing. God blessed them with a win! Honestly, I didn't expect them to win, but the other team only had seven players, so it was 11 against 7. Their second game was pretty much the opposite. I think the score was something like 10-0. They got slaughtered. Jonathan kept his head in the game and played very well though. In Jeremiah 24:7, I read about those that God had chosen. This is an amazing promise!
I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am the LORD; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart.

I think that I try to do too much on my own. The reality is that everything that is good comes from God. I hate those times that I feel cold toward God, but the fact is that God is the One that gives me a heart for Himself. It is God who has the power to change my heart, I cannot change it by myself. I pray that He would give me a hear to know Him, and to be committed to Him with my whole heart.

No comments: