Sunday, January 06, 2008

School here we come

Today was a great last day before school. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Church was absolutely amazing today. I got my room clean for the most part. It wasn't bad, but it needed some straightening up. I went to the batting cages with Jeff again. That was a lot of fun. I tried the 80 mph cage for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised. I had no problem hitting it. After the batting cages, Mr. Babb hit us some balls for field practice. The grass was quite soggy, but it was a lot of fun. We had fellowship groups tonight. It is fun to get to talk to people for longer periods of time and get to know them better. We had a great study in 1 John 3:4-10 this morning. It was a great practical application of the passage. Four reasons not to sin: Sin is lawless opposition to God (verse 4), Jesus came to take away sins (verse 5), sin is the devil's work and plan (verses 8 and 10), because God's seed is in us (verse 9). The fact is that sin is satanic. It is not simply something that everyone does. That is not a good excuse. We are literally joining Satan's side when we sin. Seeing and knowing Him changes who we are and how we live.

No comments: