Saturday, January 19, 2008

The joys of fixing computer problems

I actually do enjoy fixing computer problems. This doesn't mean that I am not annoyed by them at times. Right now, I am at the annoyance point with my computer. I have no idea how it happened, but my file menu and toolbars in windows explorer (this is what you view your files in) are gone. I have done a lot of research on it, and have found a lot of solutions that don't work. I created a few messes for myself... for example, after running some utility, I couldn't really see anything on the screen, getting the blue screen of death at start up due to an edit that one of the utilities made in my boot loader, and other smaller things. I have finished backing up all of my files to my server, and I have fixed all of the problems that I created in trying to fix this. I am thinking about reformatting my hard drives, but that is a pain. Oh well, life goes on. Jonathan had a couple soccer games for All-stars today. They got pretty much worked over in both games, but they had fun. I had to ref a game as well. This was the first time that I was a ref for an All-star tournament. I was pleasantly surprised at the kindness of the coaches on both teams. One team actually prayed before the game. I was really glad to see them win. I was really encouraged by Jeremiah 31:14 today.
I will fill the soul of the priests with abundance, and My people will be satisfied with My goodness," declares the LORD.

It is so easy to get worry about the material things of this world. Truth be told, complete satisfaction can only come through God. I am amazed that we know this, and yet we look to other things to make us happy. Let is be completely satisfied with all we have in Him.

No comments: