Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Depending on Him

I am going to keep this very brief because it is late and I'm not feeling 100%. God has been doing massive amounts of work in my heart in regards to dependence on Him, and helping others depend on Him. God has revealed some areas in which I am prone to taking His rightful place. Taking God's rightful place always ends in a disaster. I am more thankful than ever for God's grace in working through my failures, and pressing on towards complete dependence on Him. I realize now that even husbands/fathers are to guide their wife and children to full dependence on Christ except for those things that are the the husband/father's God given responsibility. Even in those, they will be indirectly depending on God if he is depending on God in those areas. I want to have a God-dependent family someday.

No comments: